Your initial appointment will be a consultation to explain your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation (in these cases, local anesthesia will be used, but not sedation). However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please provide us with the following at or before your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any x-rays. If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.
- A list of medications you are currently taking.
- If you have dental insurance, bring your card with you. Please note: We collect payment in full and file to your primary dental insurance on your behalf. Please see our financial policy for further details.
- Same day sedation is not preformed in our office.
- All patients under the age of 18 years of age MUST be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the consultation visit as well as the surgical appointment.
- A pre-operative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery.
- Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, osteoporosis, radiation therapy, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medications (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, blood thinners, etc.).